Stonemasonry has existed since the dawn of civilization.
Some 4000 years ago Abraham built a stone altar to worship God. The Israelites piled 12 huge boulders on the shore of the Jordan River as a history lesson for their children. The ten commandments were written by God himself on Tablets of stone.
The ancient roads connecting the communities of the vast Roman empire were constructed with stone. The Appian Way the earliest and most strategic road of the ancient civilization is still trod upon to this day some 2500 years later.
The greatest buildings, Cathedrals, structures, sculptures, monuments, aquaducts, bridges, infrastructure and cities have stone at the core of their construction.
The Taj Mahal, Cusco’s Incan Wall, Easter Island’s statues, the Egyptian Pyramids, the Parthenon, Stonehenge, and the Tower of London. Stone.
And when our most dearly loved ones depart this earth and we return their bodies to the ground then most often we mark the place of their final resting ground with a Stone.
We’re passionate about our time honoured craft of working with natural stone. We believe we have a responsibility to use this resource wisely and to pass on to the next generation a legacy of stewardship.
Through long repetitive practice, many blows from a hammer and chisel and much patient work with good material, we hope to achieve a structure that is impressive not only in it’s form and appreciated not only for it’s function, but also studied for the story it tells and valued for it’s longevity.
We try to match the look of each job to its cultural and implaced story. Our struggle, day after day, is always to bring out the created potential of the rock without overwriting the created beauty of the earth.
Why Natural Stone?
- Natural Stone is environmentally-friendly
- Natural Stone is a premium building material
- Natural Stone is a beautiful medium
- Natural Stone is durable
- Classic, Timeless and Beautiful
- Better with age and always in style
- Variety of natural colours and textures
- Permanence, durability and quality - Longlasting
- It softens the hardness of building structures
- No manufactured product can ever look as good
- Improves aesthetics and value of property
- Expression of values
- Connects architecture with the landscape
- Can be reused/repurposed
- Fieldstone Wall Repair
- Fieldstone Footing Repair
- Stone Walls
- Stone Walks
- Outdoor Oven
- Smoke Houses